Be Merry...

Friday, December 27, 2013

It's still Christmas as far as I'm concerned so why not continue the merriment?  Today I have a new layout up at Inspired Blueprints showcasing a photo of our tree from 2007.  

***Echo Park ***

Few things bring me more joy during the holidays than seeing Christmas lights.  Not just on the traditional tree but also on houses around the neighborhood, along downtown streets and wherever else they may pop up.  There's just something about all those little lights brightening up a space!

This layout is based on sketch #116.  I changed very little...moved the photo to the right side of the page and changed my embellishments to fit the theme. 


 I decided after completing this layout that the tiny wood veneer stars are probably my most favorite embellishment of 2013.  They are just so versatile and for being so small, can add so much!

Come on over to Inspired Blueprints and see what the rest of the design team created based on sketch #116.  Maybe you'll be inspired to play along.  If so, be sure to link up for your chance at the monthly prize!

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Beautiful layout! It almost makes me want to scrap Christmas... almost. The stars are one of my favorite embellishments, too, and I think they pack a big punch for their size. The wood veneer that says, "Lights", did you stamp that on there? Love the way it looks. Great job!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

A gorgeous Christmas tree layout! Love the star veneer & neat title!

GrammaChurch said...

I am always awed by your ability to make your scrapbook layouts cohesive. I love the embellishments you chose to go with this photo. It looks perfect! So, so pretty, Those stars are adorable. I like how you scattered them down the page. Such a fun way to use them.

Mendi said...

Such a pretty layout! Hope your Christmas was awesome! We'll have to find some time to get together when the kids go back to school. ;)

Sharryn Thomson said...

Gorgeous layout and OMG that tree! Divine!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS