One-Way Ticket

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Would you do it?  Would you leave everything you know behind and travel in a small crowded ship across a massive ocean to start a new life in a largely uninhabited land?  That's what the pilgrims did...way back in 1620.  And here I am...in 2013, living in that country that they were brave enough to venture out and start anew.  Humbling, isn't it?

All this brings me to this month's Scrapstuffz challenge.  Our inspiration image is this...the Mayflower II.  An accurate replica of the original Mayflower that brought the pilgrims to America.


During my travels to Cape Cod in 2011, I just so happened to visit this ship.  And I just so happen to have a photo of me with the ship.  How convenient, huh? 

***Fancy Pants Down By The Shore collection***

I used sketch #108 from Inspired Blueprints.  Instead of 3 smaller photos, I decided to just use the one 5x7 photo.  I chose to orient my washi tape horizontally rather than vertically, giving a place for my design elements (photo, title) to rest. 


I hope I have inspired you to get creative and either take part in the image challenge at Scrapstuffz or the sketch challenge at Inspired Blueprints...or both, as I have done here.  Hope to see you around!

No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS