You want me to do WHAT?

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Here is my reveal using sketch #106 for Inspired Blueprints!


I kept it pretty simple and really did not change much about the sketch.  I did move my photos more toward the top rather than sitting near the bottom.  This gave me some room for the journal block and also space above and below my photos to get playful with some twine.  


 I used a corrugated alphabet for the large title letters.  They were kraft in color to start and I didn't feel they stood out enough.  I used some white chalk ink to lightly ink the"peaks"of the letters, then went back with a dark brown journal pen and drew in the "valleys" to make them stand out more. After sticking them to my page, I used the same journal pen to outline the letters.  I think it helped. The background cardstock is Core'dinations that I sanded, more in some places than others.  Something interesting and unusual for me...there is no patterned paper!  Just a couple strips of washi tape, wood veneer shapes, twine, alpha stickers, a tab punch and a journal block! 

There is a lot more inspiration from the IB Design Team using this same sketch on their website.  You can check them out HERE.  You will also get a chance to meet the faces of the new team---some old and some new!  And if you are inspired to get creative, be sure to link up to their gallery.  We always love to see what other people do with the same sketch!

2 comments:

Mendi said...

Awesome layout and adorable photos! Love the swirls of twine--Totally fits the play theme of the layout! :)

Brenda Ragsdale said...

So stinkin'CUTE! Love your twine work!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS