Yaquina Bay Lighthouse

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Time for another challenge over at Child's Play!  This week the challenge is classic movie and Pete's Dragon is our inspiration.

***My Mind's Eye collection***

I, for one, have never seen this movie so I had to really on my friend google to help me out.  Through the help of Wikipedia---the supreme authority of all things, right?---I learned that part of the movie takes place in a lighthouse.  AND the light bulb goes on!  (no pun intended...ok, maybe it was!).  Anyway, I remembered these photos from a lighthouse we visited a couple years ago while camping in Newport.  Perfect!


I used my trusty Silhouette to cut the lighthouse and also the title letters.  I used a sketch from Life. Paper. Scrapbook. as my design inspiration.  I particularly liked the layout by Becki featured in the October 4th reveal.  You will likely notice many similarities!

I hope you will join me at Child's Play this week and take on the Pete's Dragon challenge!

3 comments:

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Impressive layout! Love how you combined the challenge from Child's Play with the sketch from L.P.S. and, some from Becki's featured layout...great colors and detail. My kind of scrapping! Love the lighthouse you cut using your Silhouette, still waiting to use my Cameo!

NinaSt said...

Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with LPS!

Chantelle said...

oh lovely page - the silhouette cut out is great - thanks for playing along at LPS :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS