RISK worth taking

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Child's Play is live with a game challenge today---this week it's RISK!!

**Echo Park For the Record collection**

I have never played RISK but, nevertheless, I found inspiration in the title.  I thought about the word, what risk means and the risks I have taken in my life.  My first thought was meeting up with my message board friends for the first time.  It was just over two years ago.  I met "Moongirl" at a Burgerville restaurant just off the highway.  She had already been on the road for two hours and I was about to get in the car with her (essentially a stranger) and travel another six hours.  Our destination was to meet up---practically in the middle of nowhere!---with 7 other women only known prior to this via a common scrapbooking message board.  Talk about a risk!  But one I am so glad I took.  These women have become some of my best friends.  We hit it off like we had known each other for years.  

I used sketch #15 from The Paper Bakery. A little outside the box for me but still with lots of clean lines.  The angled paper was fun and not too challenging.  I think my favorite part was stamping the circles onto the background.  I don't like messes and unpredictability, but I took the leap and think it turned out really well.  The challenge was in finding three different sized thin circles to dip in paint and then stamp onto my cardstock!  I used three different washi tapes and cut the main title word with my Silhouette.  Otherwise, products were from this EP collection that I have gotten so much mileage out of!  Who knew?  Didn't really seem my style at the time but I have found it so versatile!

OK...enough babbling.  Now it's your turn.  Pop on over to Child's Play and take a look at the other layouts created by our Game Players. Get inspired. Create. Then upload your image to the link at the top of the page.  We WANT to visit your blog.  Really.  We do.

9 comments:

Brenda Ragsdale said...

Awesome page! Great design and paint work!

Laurie said...

Aw, Steff! Your description of a risk to meet all of us brought tears to my eyes! I love your layout of this risk! Love all the circles, the flowers, and the angles of the pp. And your title is the best!

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

What a great layout, I love the stamped circles! How very fun that you have scrappy friends to get together with!

GrammaChurch said...

What a great layout! Love how the small circles in the title mimic your stamped circles. Such a wonderful story behind those pictures and you both are looking good in them! Love how you extended your "Risk" to using a sketch a little outside your comfort zone too.

Tegan said...

Awesome layout! I love that you rotated the sketch and all of the circles! And scrappy friends are always nice to have! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Bakery!

Denise Price said...

Thanks for your recent comment on my "Pete's Dragon" entry. I thought I would visit your blog in return.

Great take on the Risk challenge! I used to spend hours playing that game with my friend Heather when I was a kid.

I really like the way you used diagonal border strips on the top and bottom. I also love the dramatic black background. Beautiful page.

Juliana Michaels said...

What a great layout and take on the PB Sketch!!! Thanks for playing along!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Love this page Steffanie and the great photo of you and Laura! The Black background looks awesome with your patterned papers and I really love what you did with the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us @ The Paper Bakery!

Mendi said...

This turned out super fun! Love the sketch with the angled papers and your stamped circles! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS