Our Latest Addition...

Tuesday, October 15, 2013


I'm guest designing again today at Scrap Our Stash!  This time I was given a sketch and the challenge to use mist, paint or watercolors on my layout.
This is what I came up with:

***Studio Calico Here +There collection***

I started with a subtle mist on the background using a numbers stencil to mask two of the corners.  I already had my title in mind when I thought to use the numbers stencil...get it?  Numbers?  Addition?  I thought it was pretty clever!  I stayed really true to the sketch, basically only changing one thing---I traded out the stars in the sketch for bones which was more in keeping with my subject.


The sketch is by Brenda Ragsdale.  You can find it HERE.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my latest scrappy addition!  If you would like to take part in the sketch challenge this month at Scrap Our Stash, just follow the link!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Steff, I love how you used the negative part of the bones, too. Really cute layout!

Shirley Mijares Mascarina said...

Neat and beautiful! As always, thanks for sharing!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS