It's time for a blog hop!

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Scrapstuffz "inspired by" Challenges is hosting its first ever Hooray for Fall blog hop! I am the second stop on the hop so hopefully you started HERE. If not, you will want to go back and start at the beginning so you don't miss a single bit of the inspiration we have in store for you!

***Crate Paper Storyteller and DIY collections***
 
We were asked to create a layout inspired by this sketch:

And this image:

I struggled at first, not sure which direction I wanted to take this. You might be surprised to learn that I didn't even settle on an idea until I found this photo the night before last...one I took with my phone!  Suddenly pumpkin and fall and warm drinks all came together in one beautiful PSL!!


I used some texture downloads, a bit of supportive text and added a frame before printing my photo.  After I selected some papers, it all began to fall into place!


I had kept the corrugated sleeve from my drink and cut some pieces from that to use on my layout.  I have a certain way that I order my drinks so thought it was fun to add that as a supporting element.  Even my hubby has is memorized!

Next on the hop is Lyne.  If you feel inspired by the sketch and image yourself, be sure to follow the directions at Scrapstuffz to be eligible for a nice scrappy prize!

10-23-14 Addendum:
I would like to share this layout with Paper Issues for their current issue
Woodn't You Know, It's Fall 
I think this one is pretty self-explanatory---it's all about my favorite fall beverage!
Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

Kelly Jean said...

Love this layout Steffanie!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeee this! LOVING that photo and the leaves!!!!

Chelsea said...

Yummmm!!! I love PSL too!! Beautiful page, love the colors!

Shirley Mijares Mascarina said...

Love this! Really like your title work!

Devra said...

You are so funny. I love how this turned out.

Debbie P said...

Awesome job using the inspiration piece and the sketch! Nicely done!

Ladyofthelake318 said...

Love your take on the sketch! I'm holding out for white chocolate peppermint mocha :-D

Brenda Ragsdale said...

Awesome page and I too wait for this time of year for a PSL!

Melissa Vining said...

I love how this turned out, your take on the sketch is fabulous!!

Lyne Blodgett said...

Great idea ot use the sleeve for the letters. Love the texture it gives the project.

Adele said...

Love all the textures, Steff. Beautiful.

Moongirl said...

This is awesome! Totally cute. Love all the little details you added.

kate blue said...

love it and would so scraplift IF I were a Starbucks fan!

Robyn said...

Love your methods of madness.......you sound like me when it comes to approaching your LOs! Your final result is fabulous!!!

Laurie said...

I love your process to come up with this layout! Great design, and the flower's center from your cup is ingenious!

Rita said...

I love it!!!!
the cup is cool!!!!!

Mendi said...

Your layout turned out super cute! Love all your little details and it's such a fun seasonal thing to document. :)

Paper Issues said...

Love this!! Mmmmm...PSL! Thank you for linking up to the current link party at Paper Issues.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS