Time for an SG Blog Hop!

Monday, September 2, 2013


It's the start of a new quarter which means it's time for another blog hop brought to you by Scrapbook Generation!  If you love sketches and creating layouts with them, this hop will be full of inspiration just for you!
If this is your first stop, you might like to start at the Scrapbook Generation blog and then hop through each link. 
Each blog will share a project using one of the SG sketches as a starting point. You can find the sketches in their books and downloads in the SG store. There is a free sketch every month (usually released on the 15th) in case you'd like to try one out.

Here is my layout:
**WRMK: Country Livin' collection**


I used a sketch from the July 2013 Super Sketch Club.  Information about this kit club is available HERE.
 I only changed a few things from the original sketch and design.  Patterned paper both above and below the photos is the same.  I shifted the journaling to the right side of the layout.  It just felt more balanced to me over there.  I also switched out the title element.  Since my photos included a horse, I wanted to use the title that had the horse pictured.  Makes sense, right? I still felt like it needed a little something so I added the twine, making it look like a lasso, and a few wooden stars.  I also placed an additional small photo on the lower right side.

Next on the hop is Pamela. Be sure to leave a comment on each blog and one lucky commenter will receive a free sketch bundle of their choice from the store. The winner will be draw on September 9th, so you have one week to leave a comment.
In case you get lost at any point along the way, here is the complete blog list: 
Scrapbook Generation blog - http://scrapbookgeneration.blogspot.com/
Corrina - http://anotherthingoffthelist.blogspot.ca/

Have fun and thanks for stopping by!

22 comments:

GLOANN said...

Steffi! Another winning LO here in my opinion. BTW, loved seeing your LO in the Sept/Oct CK. Congrats!

Stacey Barrows said...

Great job Steffanie. I love that paper line. Thanks for sharing.

Pamela OConnor said...

Love how clean & simple your layout turned out! Great job!

michelle norstrom said...

i am having such fun looking at everyone's layouts! thanks for the creative inspiration!

justasiam said...

I really like the look of your layout but would like to know what paper collection you used. The colour combination is very striking!

justasiam said...

OOps...sorry I see it is WRMK. Thanks for sharing the layout!

Laurie said...

Steff, I love how you made that sketch your own--and I adore that lasso!

Pink Dalmatians said...

Steffanie I love this layout. The lasso caught my attention and I like your changes. That's the best thing about using a sketch is changing it to fit and make it personally yours. Great job!

Tasha said...

How cute is this!?! That lasso is just so perfect! Great layout!

Casandra Bennett said...

What an adorable paper line! Perfect for your photos.

shutterbuggin said...

Love your layout. I have this kit and haven't even opened it but you've inspired me and I think I have the perfect pics

Michele's Scrapy Creations said...

adorable layout! love the theme..

Deb said...

I think I had this monthly layout! And I love what you did with it!!

bakscrap said...

The twine just makes the layout for me! Great job.

Allie Stewart said...

Adorable page! That lasso is so fun, and I love the colors you used!

Chark said...

great photos and love your embellies!

Sharlene said...

Great take on the sketch, I just love the banners. Lovely page you created

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Super layout! Love the banner & cool lasso!

Janelle H. said...

This is a great layout. Especially love your special touch with the lasso!

Isbaha said...

Your work is AMAZING, love each of your layout !

Andrea Green said...

GREAT layout!!! Love the banners!! You have a beautiful blog too :-)

Scrapbook Generation said...

Steffanie, love how this paper and sketch worked so well for your photos -- that always makes me feel good! Thanks for much for being part of the SG blog hop -- we appreciate it greatly!

Debbie
Scrapbook Generation

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS