My Toys. Mine.

Saturday, September 21, 2013

This is my Blue's Clues inspired layout for Child's Play. It was supposed to post over a week ago but life got in the way and I had to postpone finishing it.  Oh well.  Sometimes priorities need to shift.  But now it's done and I am ready to share it with you!


Yes, my kids grew up watching Blue's Clues (at least for a short while) but I certainly never took any photos of them watching it or doing any of the activities inspired by the show.  So instead, my inspiration came from the color blue, the fact that my photo is of our dog and that he has a blue doggie toy lying right next to him.  Pretty clever, I thought!

The overall design for this page comes from Let's Get Sketchy.  Ashley Horton, a friend from Club CK, actually designed this particular sketch.  It worked out perfectly.  I flipped it horizontally but otherwise kept it pretty much the same.


The light blue grid coming from beneath my photo is washi tape.  It's happens to be a wide tape and the grid made it very easy to line up and create this subtle background print.  I used a toothbrush to splatter watered down acrylic paint onto the background cardstock.


My Silhouette was put to use to cut some small hearts, paw prints and the woof speech bubble.  Throw in some more washi tape, a little twine and a few wood veneer shapes---and there you have it!

13 comments:

Mary said...

Love the picture and everything about this beautiful LO!

Laurie LaRiviere said...

super cute! love the photo and all the little details, thanks for joining us at lgs!

Ashley Horton said...

So, so cute Steffanie!! Love that fun title for your photo!! And the spray mist looks great across your layout!! You really did an awesome job with the Sketch!! Thanks for playing a long with us @ LGS!!

Carol Peixoto said...

Great job with the sketch! I love the title and the journaling! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

Mendi said...

You're new puppy is adorable! :)

Debbie P said...

This is so absolutely adorable! I love how you used the "Blues Clues" inspiration into your layout! What a fabulous photo and beautiful puppy! Great take on the LGS sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy!

Laura said...

Such a great layout, darling photo and I love journaling! Thanks for linking up with LGS!

Brenshevia Baker said...

Wonderful take on the sketch, thanks for joining us at LGS!

MichelleMc said...

How adorable! Love your take on the sketch with all those wonderful details. Thanks for joining us at LGS.

Chelsea said...

This page is awesome. The woof with twine looks great! THanks for linking up to LGS!

jenessa said...

Super cute page! Love the title. Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

Buffy Esser-Burnside said...

Oh this is adorable! Thank you for joining us at Lets Get Sketchy!

Lanette said...

I love le and your title and the puppy!!! Great job with the sketch, Thank you so much for playing along with us at LGS!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS