Flower of the Sun

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Time for my September reveal over at Scrapstuffz "Inspired By" Challenges!
Here is the image we were given for this month:


Isn't it just full of gorgeousness?  I love the rich, vibrant colors---the oranges, yellows, greens and reds.  As it turns out, that's what inspired me to create this layout:

 ***Crate Paper Farmhouse collection***

I was looking for some farmer's market photos I had taken a few years ago when I remembered this beautiful sunflower.  I snapped this photo right in my mom's backyard and just love how it glows, much like the sun!  And to think I got this with my cell phone---and not even my NEW one!


I pulled out some of my burlap which always goes so well with just about anything fall.  I love the warmth and texture it adds!  Don't you?  For the flower centers, I had a really damaged piece of wired burlap ribbon.  The light bulb suddenly went off and I thought---why don't I cut the wire part off and coil it?  Turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself!


I love to use long titles and then use different fonts, putting larger emphasis on the more important words.  If you look back at many of my layouts, you will notice this to be true.  And the mini alphas are perfect for this!

My design comes from Let's Capture Our Memories.  It's sketch #36 by Isabelle.  It worked out perfectly for my photo!

I hope I have inspired you to get creative with the September image at Scrapstuffz.  If so, please post your layout on the blog link for your chance to win a great prize from our blog owner, Stacia.  She's got a great Etsy shop!

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Your fall project is gorgeous. I love all the little elements and what you did with the wire. Your also right that burlap goes with anything fall!

Scrap Our Stash said...

What a beautiful layout! Love the design and touch of burlap!
Steffani could you please email me at scrapourstash@gmail.com. Thank you!

Shirley Mijares Mascarina said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!! Great design, rich colors, great photo too! Lovely take on the sketch, so neat! Thanks for sharing your work at LCOM!

Mendi said...

Awesome layout! The burlap and doily are a nice touch. Love seeing this paper line put to use too. I have so much of it and on a crazy whim I bought even more.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS