Drumming to the Beat of my Heart

Monday, September 23, 2013

Inspired Blueprints is back and its time for another sketch reveal!  You can find the actual sketch HERE.
This is my take on Sketch #103:


Let me just say...NOT my favorite layout.  I feel like it's lacking something.  I am pretty sure I know what it is but I'm not going to go back and add it in.  What I wish is that I would have done some misting to the background before I got started.  I meant to, but then forgot until I had the photo and banner in place.  I know I could have still done it with some creative masking but bottom line is, I got lazy.  I don't own much mist and certainly not in these colors.  Yes, I could have made my own but, as I said, I got lazy.  I was also under a time constraint...but that's a bad excuse. 

Enough of that.  Let's focus on what I do like.  I like the washi tape banner, although it was a lot harder to make than I thought it would be.  I LOVE the little kitty embellishments that I cut with my Silhouette.  I like how the title turned out, especially the die-cut heart with the twine wrapped around it.  And I still think this is one of my favorite photos of Lucy.

Here are couple close-up shots:

If you decide to create a layout based on sketch #103, be sure to upload it to the IB gallery so we can see it!  I think there might even be a prize involved! ;-)

3 comments:

Lynn said...

I love the banner and how the bright colors just pop against the white background. I love your layout!!

Heather M said...

Normally I do not like white space but I do not think that you have too much of that since you have the square stitching. I also love all the embellies & washi tape! I think its a Great layout!

Laurie said...

Love the banner and the stitching. I agree, some misting would have grounded the rest of the LO, but I think it is still adorable as it is.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS