So Happy Together - Scrapstuffz Reveal

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Hi there!  It's August and that means we have a new inspiration challenge up at Scrapstuffz "Inspired by" Challenge blog!

Our inspiration image:

 

What I created:

 **Echo Park Splash collection**

I was inspired by the colors...the soft but bright palette on the calm, neutral background.  I also totally loved the chairs and just had to find a way to include one on my layout.  Thank you, Silhouette!  I love you!  I was able to create this adorable beach chair that I imagine myself sitting in while I watch the boys play. 

I used Inspired Blueprints sketch #98 for my layout design.  I stayed pretty true to the overall sketch just making minor changes.  I added punched borders to the top and bottom, shifted my photos to the right a bit to accommodate a decent sized journal spot, substituted a block of patterned paper behind my photos instead of paint splatters and added embellishments to the lower left.  Simple changes that really made my page come together.

I am entering this in the current Scrap Our Stash Challenge: Summer + 3 pre-made die-cut embellishments
The tickets and summer/surf/beach embellishments are all die-cut stickers from my stash.

I would love it if you would visit Scrapstuffz "Inspired by" Challenge blog and see what's going on over there.  We have lots of inspiration from DT members throughout the month.  If you are inspired to create a layout of your own, PLEASE upload your layout to the blog using the link in the right sidebar.  Who knows...you just might win the monthly prize!

10 comments:

Mendi said...

Cute! Love your little chair and how you found a paper that captured the feeling of the inspiration image perfectly. I'm so proud of you for using pink on a layout!!! ;)

Laurie said...

Love that LO Steff. I love the peaceful, yet playful colors, and that beach chair is the perfect touch.

Lolô Artesanato said...

Lovely page
xx and tks for playing with us at SOS
Leila
:)

Brenda Ragsdale said...

Great page and take on our summer time stash challenge! Thank you for playing along at Scrap Our Stash!

Rochelle Spears said...

super cute! Great job with the challenges! Thanks for playing with Scrap Our Stash!

Joefil said...

Such a lovely page! Great job on the challenges! Thank you so much for playing along at Scrap our Stash!

Jenni Calma said...

Perfect cardstock for a beachside page! I love your journaling and how it is framed out with the little chair die cut...looks like a fun trip! Thanks for playing at Scrap Our Stash!

Carol Peixoto said...

What a great summer page! Love it! Thanks for playing along at SOS!

Dulcinea Silva said...

this is really a great summer page! Love the colors and desing. Thank you so much for playing along at Scrap our Stash!

Kerry said...

What a fabulously summery layout! I love your photo's your title work and your choice of papers. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash. xx

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS