Kitty Cat, Kitty Cat...

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Exciting news!  I have joined Child's Play Challenges as the game coordinator!  
Today is my first day posting there and I also have a layout for this fun challenge!  We were given a classic storybook inspiration piece---the book by Eric Carle titled Brown Bear, Brown Bear.

**My Mind's Eye**

I took my inspiration from the title and the story itself, replacing the other animals with my own cat and answering the question just as the book does!
I used a sketch from Let's Get Sketchy, staying pretty true to the design.  The only real change I made was to break up a 4x6 photo spot into two 3x4 photo spots.
 
Please come on over to Child's Play and check out what our game players have created---then get inspired!  If you create a layout based on this challenge (or any others for the month of August), be sure to link up your image.  We would love to see what you create!

14 comments:

Kelly Jean said...

Steffanie, such a cute layout. I love the title!!!

Heather M said...

Love your banner pieces!

Lynn said...

What an adorable layout! I love all the colors and patterns and the twine! Congrats on joining Child's Play!!

Debbie P said...

Oh I love your patterns and colors! Such awesome photos! Awesome job using the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Let's Get Sketchy!

Chelsea said...

Great colors! your title made me laugh, I'm pretty sure I could recite that book in my sleep :) I'll have to come over and check out child's play, it sounds fun! Thanks for linking up to LGS!!

wendipooh13 said...

lovin the colors and great twine around the page!!!! sooo glad you played along with Lets Get Sketchy!!!!

Laura said...

Fabulous take on the sketch, loving the effect of the twine! Thanks for linking up with LGS!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Wow! Love how you combined the two challenges! I really like the colors and the neat look of the twine...the photos are very cute! Nice job!

MichelleMc said...

Love the title and mix of patterns! Fantastic page! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

Carol Peixoto said...

I love your take on LGS sketch! Lovely photos! Thanks for playing along with us!

jenessa said...

Super adorable! Love the twine. Thanks for playing along with us at LGS!

Mendi said...

Really cute layout (and cat). Love the pennants as your background! Looking forward to seeing you on Friday! :)

Laurie LaRiviere said...

very nice, cute pics, thanks for joining us at lgs!

Ashley Horton said...

Love the MME on this layout Steffanie, and you did a fab job with the Sketch! And I love the touch of twine across your page! Thanks for playing along with us @ LGS!!

And congrats on your Reader's Pick layout in the Sept./Oct. CK!! It's so cute!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS