It's Swing Time!

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Today I have a layout for a great challenge blog called Child's Play.  They run four challenges a month, all based on childhood stuff such as toys, games, crafts, books, TV shows and movies.  I decided to take the tire swing challenge!


I had a lot of fun creating the scene.  Of course the shapes were all cut using my Silhouette.  I machine stitched around the border of my page before adhering anything down.  I am starting to get the hang of using washi tape although I would say it's still not my strong suit!

The overall design is based off of sketch #33 at Inspired Blueprints.  It's an oldie but I liked the photo arrangement.  I kept some elements and eliminated or changed others.  That's what I love about sketches and challenges in general---you take what you want and make it into something that works for you.
Help Spread the Word...
Did you know that there are still a few days left to apply for the Child's Play design team?  Well, there is!  If you are interested, you need to check out this link HERE.  Good luck!

2 comments:

Doreen Vasquez said...

This is so super cute! Love the scene you created in the BG!
Thanks for playing w/ us at CPC!

Leslie Allard said...

Absolutely adorable!!! I love the tree design, and the photo placements!!!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS