For the Love of the Game

Friday, July 5, 2013

Time for another Inspired Blueprints reveal!  This is sketch #101 and I have to say...one of my favorites!  I think it's because I like to use more than one photo on a page and using 4x3's is a great way to squeeze in several!


 I stayed pretty true to the sketch.  I did flip it horizontally so that my subject---my dear hubby!---was looking into the layout rather than off the page. 


 I placed my journaling in a mini sack and then embellished it.  I will confess...I haven't done the journaling yet and wasn't sure how much I would want to write.  Having the tag in the sack gives me the option of using both sides if I need to.


I am so impressed with how these tiny intricate cuts came out using my Silhouette.  And I am loving the ability to edit and weld shapes to create custom pieces for my layouts.  


Please stop by Inspired Blueprints to see what the other DT members have created using this sketch.  We would love to see you play along!

6 comments:

Megan D said...

How did you make your hexagon print? Was it paint on a mask? Super cool

Colleen said...

Love this, Steff. I really like your color choice for the background. The embellies on the journaling tag are perfect (love that you shared you hadn't journaled on the back... I'd never thought of the advantage to having it in the envelope being able to write on both sides. Thanks for sharing!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Wow! A very sharp layout...love the colors, change of fonts in the title, and the journaling pocket! Great photos, too!

Mendi said...

This is one of my all time favorites of yours! Love all your little embellishment choices, the hexagons in the background and the beautiful color palette. :)

Linda said...

Love the collage design! Great layout, Steffanie!

Laurie said...

Love those hexagons Steff. How did you create them? And the Silhouette cut is simply inspiring to me.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS