It's Blog Hop time!

Monday, June 3, 2013

 Welcome to the first Scrapbook Generation Blog Hop!  If you love to use sketches for scrapbooking, this is the place for you!
If this is your first stop, you might like to start at the Scrapbook Generation blog and then hop through each link. Here is the list in case you get lost along the way:

Scrapbook Generation blog - http://scrapbookgeneration.blogspot.com/
 
Each blog will share a project using one of the SG sketches as a starting point. You can find the sketches in their books and downloads in the SG store. There is a free sketch every month (usually released on the 15th) in case you'd like to try one out.  

My layout:

**Echo Park For The Record 2**

I used a sketch from the January 2013 Super Sketch Club.  Information about this kit club is available HERE.  
The original sketch called for four vertical 4x6 photos lined up side by side staring at the right edge.  I obviously modified this to accommodate more photos, creating a large mat behind them all and allowing space for my title.  I kept the left corner essentially the same as well as the paper strips on the left side. 

The sketch had some cute little banner strips coming down from the top edge of the upper right side.  I had to eliminate them as there was no room left with my larger photo area. 

Next on the hop is Cécil. Be sure to leave a comment on each blog and one lucky commenter will receive a free sketch bundle of their choice from the store. The winner will be draw on June 10th, so you have one week to leave a comment.
 Have fun and thanks for stopping by!

34 comments:

Michele's Scrapy Creations said...

so cool! love it

Scrapthat said...

Great LO!
LOL I totally recognize several of "the gang"!
Totally fun LO! TFS

Isbaha said...

Your layout is so funny ! And very beautiful.

shutterbuggin said...

What a great layout! Love all the photos

Nicole B said...

that is so cute! Love how everyone in the photos did the mustache thing.

wteagon said...

Such a fun layout for fun pictures!! This layout totally makes me smile! I think it's absolutely wonderful and the sketch you used displays your pictures so great. Good job!

Alisha B said...

love how you modified the sketch.

Laureen said...

Truly a FUN double page layout! I especially love your right page because it has 9 photos!!!! Love it all! I have not do layouts about moustache yet and hope I will get to do that soon!

The Mancilla Family said...

What a FUN LO!

Sherri said...

looks like a fun gang to be a part of!

justasiam said...

I love following this blog as I am a long time admirer of Scrapbook Generation's Debbie and Allison. Thanks for sharing!

scrappingrammi said...

Love the amount of photos used in this layout!

Devra said...

I love this! Nothing else to say!

Stephanie said...

How fun is this layout! I love it!

Diane said...

FUN has to be the right word for this LO. The pictures are great!

Congrats on joining the Inspired Blueprints Design Team and thanks for sharing.

Colleen said...

Great adaption of the sketch. Love the colors and how you replaced the banners with the photo. Now to get a pink shirt... ;) Such a fun layout!

Brenda said...

This is just way too fun , Steffanie! Great job!!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Such a fun layout! I really like your version of the sketch, colors, paper strips, & neat title! So cute!

Missy said...

This is absolutely ADORABLE....you chose the perfect images to go with your photos, and the photo sizes work really well, too!!

Laurie said...

Steff, first off--LOVE the photos! I always love how you are able to take a sketch and really run from there and make it your own. You rock!

Manda Moore said...

This is just so much fun, love the colours.

kelly said...

What a great layout. Thanks for sharing.

Mendi said...

This turned out super fun! Love that you found a use for these "girly" papers in the kit! ;)

Andrea Green said...

Oh what a fun layout!!! Love your colours!

Sharlene said...


I love this page. A great way to document the best memories of your friends. Something to cherish about as always. Terrific page!

bakscrap said...

Super fun layout!

Amanda said...

Nice! Your pictures are great and I love the layout!

dlhfks said...

What a fun page. Love the bright colors.

Pammie Kay said...

Wish I had been there! So much fun! I love how you changed the regular pics for a bunch of pictures. Thanks for sharing.

LauraB said...

Too cute! That's fun how you put all the individual photos together and did the group photo up in the corner. I've never thought to put a photo up in the corner by it's self like that before- will have to try it!

~Denise~ said...

F-U-N layout! Great way to scrap with multi photos!

gmlindsey said...

Cute fun layout

Jenny said...

What a cute, cute page!!! Love it!

Mandi said...

I love the Wanna girls. Looks like a lot of fun. Too bad I am in the midwest.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS