Going Deep

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Today is my official introduction over at Scrapstuffz "Inspired by" Challenge blog!  
 To start us off, Stacia had each team member create a layout inspired by this image:


I was a little stumped at first but then realized that I could take inspiration from any part of the image.  For me, it was the fish!

**Echo Park Splash collection**

Obviously, the colors of the image were NOT my inspiration!  And at first I didn't even think that the swirliness going on in the background was inspiring me....but as I created the layout, I translated the swirls into the soft waves beneath my photos.

I created the submarine and the tiny fish with my Silhouette.  The Mickey is a just a thing I started when I scrapped our first trip to Disneyland---I included a Mickey on every layout.  I intend to do the same with all the layouts I scrap from our last trip. I think it's a fun touch!

I used Inspired Blueprints, sketch #95 for the design.

Anyway, I hope you will join us over at Scrapstuffz.  We would love to see what this image inspires you to create!  Be sure to link up beneath THIS blog post by the end of the month for your chance to win a prize! We will start with monthly challenges and hopefully increase to twice a month once things get rolling.  So come play along!

Oh...one more thing!  Stacia, Scrapstuffz owner and creator, has started her own Etsy shop.  Come see what she has in store for you HERE.

2 comments:

Stacia Brandt said...

Thank you so much for joining the Design Team!! I'm so happy to have you :)

csewy-csescrap13 said...

A great interpretation of the image...love the little fish & submarine. I had seen it on Stacia's blog and nothing came to me!!! Love it!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS