Surrounded by Friends

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Isn't that just the way life should always be...surrounded by friends?

**Crate Paper Season Collection}**

I created this for NSD @ SG (National Scrapbook Day @ Scrapbook Generation). Yes, yesterday was the day and there were eight challenges posted.  I managed to get 2 done...better than nothing!

Challenge #3 was to use one of their sketches to create a one-page layout.  I chose one from Sketch Support, #28 (left side). It's a great layout for those times when you have 2 horizontal 4x6 photos. It provides ample room for title and journaling and has that clean linear look that I like.


I can be so crazy perfectionistic sometimes! I started out hand journaling on the tag...made 2 spelling errors that I tried to correct, but it looked so ugly.  So I cut off part of the beige layer, typed and printed my journaling onto a new piece and then trimmed and stuck it on.  The rick-rack is covering the seam.  The things I do to keep myself sane...

2 comments:

Mendi said...

Such a great layout! I think I love ya for your crazy perfectionist ways because I'm right there with you. Hugs! ;)

csewy-csescrap13 said...

LOL! Love your comment about redoing the journaling....works for me, too! I really like the sketch and the clean lines, which you do so well! Thanks for more great inspiration!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS