Our Little All-Star

Friday, May 17, 2013

Where is this month going?  I can't believer we are already over half way through may and school is out in less than a month!!  And it seems like just a few days ago it was NSD...it's actually been 2 weeks already.  I sure hope the summer doesn't go by this fast.

Anyway, I did manage to get a layout done this week.  I used Inspired Blueprints sketch #93 for the design.  I flipped the orientation vertically to get my subjects looking into the layout rather than outward.  I also traded out the 2x2 photos for patterned paper and the larger spot above that was intended for paper, became my single photo spot.  Otherwise, I followed the sketch pretty closely.

**Echo Park Note to Self collection**

I machine stitched in a zig-zag pattern along the inner seams to create a quilt-like appearance.  I thought this worked well with the 2x2 squares and gives that homey, all American feel...just like baseball!


The stars and little people are Silhouette cuts.  Boy, was it tedious gluing down all those little stars! 

I am also applying to a be a part of a new challenge blog that a friend of mine is starting.  It's called Scrapstuffz "Inspired By" Challenges.  She is holding an open call right now which you can check out at the link I just provided.  She has posted  three swatches of paper and wants you to create a layout inspired by one or all of them.  I was inspired by all three---the stars, especially.  I loved the outlined ones and included a few of the tiny centers for contrast.  I was also inspired by the circle/polka-dot pattern and the diagonal stripe---two of my favorite print patterns!  You can see them both in my 2x2 papers below my photo.  Thank you, Stacia, for a great challenge!

2 comments:

Stacia Brandt said...

Very nice work!! I love it!!

Mendi said...

Great layout. Love how you mixed it up and switched photos for patterned paper and vice versa. Hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend. :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS