Kitty Scraps

Saturday, May 4, 2013

I have so many photos of our cute little Lucy.  It's nice to finally be getting some of them scrapped...now that she is nearly SEVEN years old!


**My Mind's Eye On the Bright Side collection**

Challenge #8 for NSD @ SG was to use My Mind's Eye products.This collection worked great with Lucy's coloring (the oranges) and also with the trash can (aqua).  The gingham print is actually a piece from American Crafts but it coordinates really well with the MME, don't you agree?  The button embellishments, banner, journal spot and date tag are all from the MME collection, as is the papers used in the title and the background.
 
The Paper Bakery provided a great sketch for these photos.  The sketch called for 2 photos and I obviously added a third.  It also called for 3 large circular elements in the background which I left off.  What I did like was the large rectangle behind  the photos and the linear placement of the photos themselves.  I moved the title to the top rather than beneath the photo arrangement and did a journal block rather than journal strips.  Funny...listing all of this makes me realize I changed a lot.  But the inspiration was the sketch and I think you can still see the basic bones of it in my layout.


I really don't like how blue the background looks in the photo above.  It's really a light gray.  Oh well.  Guess my photo editing skills still need some work!

9 comments:

Kelly Jean said...

Gorgeous layout Steffanie. What a cutie!

Juliana said...

Super cute photos! I love your take on the sketch!!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Bakery!!!

Mendi said...

What a fun and clever title! Love your banner and the use of the paper and sketch too! :)

Sarah Hill said...

Wonderful layout! Such cute photos :) Thanks for playing at TPB!

Tegan said...

Super cute!!! Love the photos!!! I love animals and scrapping- so it's no wonder why I love this layout! :) Hope you can play along with us at The Paper Bakery again!

sandi said...

Too cute! Soooooooooooo sweet! Tks. for playing along with us at The Paper Bakery!

Ashley Horton said...

This is really cute Steffanie!! Love those photos and that triangle banner is really awesome! Thanks for playing along with us @ The Paper Bakery!

Katrina Hunt said...

THIS is adorable! I love your kitty!!! Great way to scrap a moment! Thanks for playing along with us @ The Paper Bakery!!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Adorable! Love your version of the sketch from The Paper Bakery...a neat mix of paper in the banner! The orange in the title and photo mating is a nice effect....another great layout!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS