Going Underground

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Time for me to host the Club CK ISSUE Challenge again!  You can check it out HERE
This week I am challenging participants to use a map or a map symbol or shape on their layout in a new way...something they have not tried before.

For me, I decided to print my own map paper to use as the background for my photos.  The story is about a day hike last summer in the Ape Cave of Mt. St. Helens.  I googled for this map---I think I actually found this one on the forest service website.  I was really impressed with the quality of this print.  Sometimes you get a lot of blurriness but this one has great detail!


  I cut it into 3 vertical pieces because I am also using this sketch from The Paper Bakery.  I really like this one!  I felt that even though I was using the map to support my story, cutting it for design was not going to change that (and I lined them up pretty close anyway to minimize this).  Also, the place where we visited was left intact and uncovered, allowing me to highlight it.


 I created the chevrons by lacing baker's twine around some brads---pretty clever, I thought!  Arrow, black border and lower portion of title cut with Silhouette.

If you feel inspired, come on over to Club CK and play along with us.  Each participant is eligible for a randomly drawn prize at the end of an ISSUE (in this case, the end of June).  The more you play, the more chances you have to win!  We have a new ISSUE Challenge every Wednesday.

2 comments:

Mendi said...

Great ideas with the map background and creating a chevron with bakers twine and brads! :)

My hubby is finally taking off for Germany in the next week or two if you have some time to get scrappy. ;)

Tegan said...

Great idea making the map the background! Love it! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Bakery! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS