Honk! Honk!

Saturday, March 2, 2013

I told you I like to jump around!  Here we are back in Spring of 2005.  This JEEP was purchased as part of the Pampers Perks program way back when Nicholas was a toddler.  By collecting UPC symbols off of diaper packages, you turn them in and make discounted purchases.   I think we paid maybe $75 for it...pretty cheap considering all the use it got!  Nicholas would drive it around until the battery died---he even did some pretty precision parking trying to get it into its designated spot in the garage.  We'll see if that pays off in another year or two!

**Echo Park Little Boy collection**

The design for this page was guided by Inspired Blueprints #84.  I turned the six vertical spots into four horizontal ones.  I removed the middle divider between the two rows of photos and added a banner beneath the borders. 


  There is lots of busy-ness on this page---which is why I like the central white background.  It gives your eyes a little someplace to rest.
I also created this page for About A Boy.  The challenge is to use something from your stash that is more than a year old.  Well, other than the wooden car, the washi tape and maybe the baker's twine...everything else is at least that old!

14 comments:

Cindy Keogh said...

Very cute layout! Thank you for playing along at About a Boy

Kelly said...

Oh I LOVE this - perfect collection for those adorable photos!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at About A Boy! :)

Melinda Garner said...

Super cute layout! Your pp goes great with the cute pictures. Thank you for joining us at AAB!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

This is adorable....hope you don't mind if I borrow your idea? The paper is perfect and I really like the blocked style....love the banner, too!

Devra said...

Oh this is so awesome! Perfect paper, colors, banner! Love the painted car! Thanks for supporting About a Boy

Mendi said...

This turned out darling! I have such a weakness for little brightly colored cars (I buy it like crazy with very little reasons to use it on two girls). I loved the sketch they had this week too and your idea of rotating it worked perfectly! :)

Brenshevia Baker said...

awesome job, i used those same papers! looks great! thanks for joining us at AAB!

Lintsi said...

I really like your layout - fun and colorful! Thanks for playing along at AAB!

The Scorpian Crafter said...

Great layout! Thanks for joining About a Boy!

Mendi said...

Congrats on having 3 of your 4 layouts featured at Inspired Blueprints today! Yay!!! :)

Stacia Brandt said...

Steffanie!!!! This is super cute!!! I might have to scraplift this!!! I absolutely love this paper line! I just got it and can't wait to open the paper pack. So happy to see you playing along with us at AAB!!

li-bee-ti said...

Love your design and the papers you've used.
Thanks for playing with us at AAB.

Julie Hollis said...

Gorgeous layout!! Love all the layers - especially the banner. Thanks for playing with us over at About A Boy.

jenessa said...

Cute layout! Love that line of papers. Thanks for playing along with us at AAB!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS