Andrew says...

Monday, March 25, 2013

...Hands Up!
This was like your own little version of Simon says...only without words...and there was no right or wrong...and nobody got out.  But you loved it!  And so did we. :-)


I did some multi-tasking with challenges again.  The overall design comes from sketch #87 at Inspired Blueprints.  I stayed pretty true to the sketch although moved my journaling to the lower left and enlarged the overall footprint of the main elements.

About A Boy challenged me to use some scraps.  This is actually one scrap---patterned on one side and solid on the other.  I even found a date on this piece...2004.  Can you believe that?  I love this piece though!  This is the second layout that I have used it on and I still have a bit left!  You know it's a good piece when you make it last!

The last challenge was at Club CK.  This week's ISSUE Challenge is to get messy and use paint, mist, masks, stencils...whatever it is that you don't usually do.  For me that is to freestyle paint on a layout.  I took the plunge and went for it.  I layered 2 colors of blue to get this effect and...dare I say it...I love how it turned out!

10 comments:

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Impressive painting! Love the mix of colors and the wooden veneers! Cute title and photos!

Brenshevia Baker said...

awesome page, love what you did with the paint, thanks for joining us at AAB!

Mendi said...

Awesome job combining 3 challenges into one. These pictures are perfect for the painting techique you used. I also love that you were able to use a piece of paper from 2004. This week I've been sorting through my stuff and weeding out old patterned papers, but I have some Doodlebug & Pebbles stuff that may be older than that which I just can't seem to let go of. I'm thinking I need to challenge myself every once in awhile to create with it. :)

Melinda Garner said...

Great job with the challenge! Love the paint! Thank you for joining us at AAB!

jenessa said...

Awesome LO! Love love the painting. Thanks for playing along with us at AAB!

Julie Hollis said...

Great layout! I love seeing, sweet little baby games too. Thanks for playing with us over at About A Boy.

woofwoofvroomvroom said...

So cute! I love the painting you did on the background paper!

Kelly said...

Super fun layout and great use of scraps! Thanks so much for joining us at About A Boy! :)

Stacia Brandt said...

Very nice work. Thanks for playing along at AAB. This is awfully cute!!!
http://happyandscrappytoo.blogspot.com/

Cindy Keogh said...

Great layout! I love the paint. Thank you for playing at About a Boy!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS