The Winds of Time

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I don't know if it's the best title, but it's what kept coming to mind as I was creating this page.  These photos are from my 2011 trip to Boston and Cape Cod.  Slowly working through these...it will likely take me years to finish as I can't seem to just stick to one thing.  I tend to jump around, in case you haven't noticed.  I guess you could call it my own form of time travel!

**My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart collection**

I used Inspired Blueprints sketch #83.  Generally I would not think to place the entire design on an angle so this was a bit of a challenge for me.  But it's still very organized and linear, so that works.  I replaced the half circle doilies in the original sketch with half circle arrangements of hexagons.  I also added a third photo by replacing a 4x6 with two 3x4's.
  This page was also created for the current ISSUE Challenge at Club CK.  The four of us who have taken on hosting these each week pooled our collective creativity and each came up with a layout to support the challenge.  So instead of seeing just one sample layout, this week there are four!  The challenge is to incorporate shapes---mine is hexagons (stating the obvious here). 


The small yellow alpha stickers are from October Afternoon.  The larger chipboard alpha is American Crafts Thickers.  I cut the script font with my Silhouette.  If I could ink an edge of something, I pretty much did.  I used Stampin' Up! Going Gray and my Tim Holtz distressing tool.
Something I have noticed about myself....I tend to work within a collection.  Other than the title---which typically brings in a tiny alpha, Thickers and something cut with my Silhouette---most of the patterned paper and embellishments come from one source.  I guess for me, that's just easy.  It's already coordinated.  Takes the trouble of matching papers out of the picture.  Lord knows I have enough trouble getting over the fact that sometimes my photos don't quite match the papers that I want to use!  We all have our issues...don't we?

7 comments:

Kelly Foster said...

What a beautiful page!! I especially love the angled photos, great design!

Megan D said...

The background paper just makes your pictures pop! And the other PP is the perfect colors. Beautiful page.

Andrea said...

Oh I would love to go there some day! I love the hexagons.. I still LOVE that trend! Beautiful colors!

andi said...

Love this LO!everything about it is spot on!

andi said...

Love this LO! the colors are perfect. Everything works so beautifuly together!

Mendi said...

This turned out so cool Steffanie! Love the design on the angle and how you replaced doilies with hexagons. That little detail with the twine laced between two eyelets is also a great touch! :)

csewy-csescrap13 said...

I have to say this one is my favorite layout of your travel layouts....love that you tilted it and added the hexagons in place of the doilies, wow! I really like the journaling spot, very historical looking!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS