School Days

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

It's my turn to host the ISSUE Challenge at Club CK again!  This time we are working with negative die-cuts.  Of course this could be the negative image from a punch as well.  Not sure what I mean?  It's when you punch or cut a shape and instead of using that inner punched image, you use the outer negative that you might have otherwise thrown away.  Make sense now? 

Here is my layout for this challenge:

**Fancy Pants Off to School collection**

I used an apple punch and my Silhouette.  School Days (along with the schoolhouse), Notes and Remember are all negatives.  I placed dimensional adhesive behind my title card and the apple negative to give some shadowing and depth.  I also went ahead and used the actual shapes of the apple and the schoolhouse elsewhere on my layout for cohesiveness.  You could even use the negative side of a border punch...I have done this on some of my past layouts.  Many possibilities here!

I hope you will come see what is going on with ISSUE Challenges over at Club CK.  It's a lot of fun to see all the different interpretations among the participants! 

4 comments:

okanogangirl said...

This page is awesome! Love the clean lines and colors. That die cut is tempting me to get a SIL!! LOL

Mendi said...

This turned out sooo good Steffanie! I think it's actually near the top of my (many) favorites of yours. :)

blsd2scrp said...

love this! all the details and elements are really great! I love your work!

DanaMK said...

Love the design and the colours!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS