Little Charmer

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I love getting pages done.  Such a feeling of satisfaction.  I will admit, a little inspiration does help.  Right now I am inspired by the sketches at Inspired Blueprints and the challenges at About A Boy.  I have been working them together and it seems to be a perfect match...so far!  Cute photos help, too! These were taken when Andrew was just a year old.  One of my friends agreed to do a little photo shoot of him in her dining room.  I think they turned out pretty good!


This is Inspired Blueprints sketch #82.  Once again, I added another photo to the original sketch.  Otherwise, I feel I stayed pretty true to the design.  The challenge at About A Boy was to scrap baby pictures with the age being no more than 12 months.  I went right to the limit here!  I have already scrapped all the photos of my boys younger than this.  I was glad to find these!

 
**Echo Park Toy Box Mini Theme Kit**

I love the look of baker's twine done like this, but let me tell you, I do not like the process of getting it glued down!  If anyone has some great tips, I would love to hear them!

12 comments:

Mendi said...

Great job on both challenges and love seeing you get some more use from this Echo Park kit--Your page turned out so cute (especially love the baker's twine)! :)

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Love how you combined the two challenges....the photos are darling! I really like the colors, title, and baker's twine. Another super cute layout!

Cindy Keogh said...

Such an adorable page! Thank you for playing along at About a Boy!

Brenshevia Baker said...

this is so cute! I love the black and white photos against all the color. Great job! Thanks for joining us at AAB!

Kelly said...

Fantastic job combining the challenges and love the use of twine! I use my ATG gun and swipe it on my table then roll it to make a glue strip that fits right under the twine. I don't like messing with the wet glues. Thanks for playing along with us at AAB! :)

Melinda Garner said...

Super cute page! Love the bright colors! Thank you for joining us at AAB!

Stacia Brandt said...

I can't say enough about how much love this page!!! Those photos are absolutely adorable! I may have to look at that IB sketch! Thanks for playing with us at AAB

Devra said...

Beautiful page. I like the contrast of the bright colors and black&white photos. Glad you are joining in at AAB

Julie Hollis said...

Great layout! Love the twine swirls. I was going to ask what you're using to hold it down. Sweet pictures of your little boy too. Thanks for playing with us over at About A Boy.

lintsi said...

Beautiful, beautiful layout! A lovely detail is the twine beautifully swirling about! Thanks for taking part in AAB challenge!

li-bee-ti said...

Lovely layout! love the b/w photos with the colorful background and embellishments.
Thanks for playing with us at AAB.

The Scorpian Crafter said...

Love it! The details really make this layout fantastic...along with a great subject. Thanks for joining About a Boy!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS