Life is Better with a Brother

Saturday, February 16, 2013

I have had this quote in my head for a while now and finally had the motivation to create the layout it was intended for.  Granted, these photos were taken at the tail end of our annual photo shoot up at the schools but they capture the true relationship of my boys.  They love each other.  Yes, they fight and get mad at each other.  But they also laugh and have a lot of fun together.   For this, I am so grateful.

 **Echo Park This & That Charming collection**

Overall design is from sketch #81 at Inspired Blueprints.  The biggest change I made was adding a third photo.  I also was inspired by a challenge over at About A Boy.   Since this is a new site and it's all about the boys we scrap, this challenge was just to introduce them by including their names somewhere on your layout. 


I really love these wooden veneer shapes from Studio Calico.  So fun and easy to include on a scrapbook page.  For the doilies, I sponged some Tim Holtz Antique Linen distress ink onto them to give that aged look.  Title word Brother is a Silhouette shape that I off-set and cut in 2 different colors.  Life letters are American Crafts Thickers.

15 comments:

DanaMK said...

I love the colours you used and your title is great! And I'm a fan of the wood veneer shapes too - too fun!

Andrea said...

very cute page!

blsd2scrp said...

this is a really great layout! love the details and elements! :)

Melinda Garner said...

I love this line by EP - You rocked it! I am also a big fan of the wood veneer pieces! Thank you for joining us at AAB!

Cindy Keogh said...

Wonderful layout! Wonderful title work and the boys are adorable. Thank you for playing along at About a Boy!

Kelly said...

Awww, super cute layout! Love that collection too and the doilies! Great job with the challenge and thanks for playing along at About A Boy! :)

Sasha Marie said...

too cute love the titlework thanks for joining us at AAB!

Devra said...

LOVE this! I know why you were conflicted....Way to work in the doilies onto the page. Thanks for supporting About a Boy

Stacia Brandt said...

This layout is awesome! I absolutely love it!! So excited to see you playing along with AAB!!!

Mendi said...

This turned out beautiful Steffanie! Love how you made the doilies work so well on a boy page. Great title too! :)

lintsi said...

I love love love your title of the page! Such a beautiful page! Thanks for playing along with AAB.

The Scorpian Crafter said...

Love what you did with that Echo Park Paper...it is one of my favorite lines. Thanks for joining us at About A Boy!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Another great layout combining the two challenges...love the lace under the doilie!

Julie Hollis said...

Just beautiful! Love the colors, the layers and the pictures. Thanks for playing with us over at About A Boy.

li-bee-ti said...

Lovely layout. I love the colors and the contrast between the doily and the woodgrain journaling spot.
Thank you for joining us at AAB.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS