The Ice Follies!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

OK...not really...but they were our own ice follies!  About 3 years ago we decided to go ice skating during winter break.  It can be so difficult to get the kids active when the weather is less than cooperative---either too cold or too wet to get out.  Add in the obsession with computers and video games and we have some Wall-E people in the making!  This was my answer for a fun family outing and some exercise, too.  It has since become an annual tradition that we look forward to.


I am now a proud member of the Scrapbook Generation Super Sketch Club.  Yay!  This means once a month I receive in the mail a kit with all the makings for five 2-page layouts.  Complete with sketch and instructions.  I can create as suggested, modify a little or take it in an entirely different direction.  This is one of the layouts I have created so far.  In this case, I modified it just a bit.  


For starters, I kept the background papers the same including how they were cut and placed.  The sketch provided called for six photos.  I modified it to accommodate eight. I added a separate title.  The sample simply used on of the embellishments as a title.

**patterned papers and embellishments are from Pink Paislee Portfolio collection**

I also change the placement of some of the embellishments, used a different journal block and an alternate patterned paper to mat my two 4x3's on the left page.  The last thing I added was a couple eyelets and some baker's twine.  

I was worried about the red in my coat being a distraction.  But I think I found a good balance and even think it provides a nice contrast to all the grey and yellow.  What do you think?


5 comments:

Devra said...

I love how you modified this. I need to take a lesson from you!

Mandi said...

Great page Steffanie.

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Love your finished layout....thinking I need to join SG Sketch Club, might help me to get more layouts finished! I really like the fun family photos and your modifications. BTW, love the red coat, it certainly adds a bit of color!

Mendi said...

Looks like a great club with lots of value for your money. I'm sure you will love it! :)

DanaMK said...

I like the colours you used for the layout - they're perfect for your photos and I agree, the red in your coat provides for a good balance and contrast.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS