Summer Sun

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

This is probably one of my favorite of the Scrapbook Generation inspired layouts.  I was worried about all the bright blue in my photos---but in the end, I think it turned out pretty good!

**Fancy Pants Wave Searcher collection**

I made a few changes to this one.  First off, I did not have all the papers that were in the original design.  I had just a few and then a 6x6 pad.  On the right, the original design called for a 12x12 version of the swirls.  I instead fussy-cut two pieces of 6x6 papers and strategically placed the line where they merge beneath my photos.


For the journal block, their design covered the caption with another one that said the heat is on.  But since my photos are of a day at the beach, which is what it says, I left it alone.  The embellishment at the upper left was supposed to be a fussy-cut sun.  I'll be honest...I didn't have the patience for that one so I circle punched the word, popped it up on a scalloped circle and called it good.


One other change I made was to the size of the photos on the right.  I made them all slightly larger.  There is 1-4x4, 3-3x3's and 1-2.5x2.5.  After date-stamping in the lower corner of the title block, it was done.  Yay!

4 comments:

Ange said...

Great layout! I love all the blue with this line and you did great with your strategic placing.

Susan said...

Beautiful! The best part of this club is we can change things up to suit our needs. Love your beach photos.

csewy-csescrap13 said...

So pretty! Love how this turned out...the bright blue in the photos looks super against the pp, I really like your changes.

Mendi said...

This turned out awesome! I think the blue is great with the pops of yellow and red in your papers (guess it goes back to kindergarten and my love for primary colors). :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS