Boston Public Garden

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

In December I was able to get away with my girlfriends to the beach for our twice annual scrap retreat.  I am proud to say, I was a little more prepared for this trip than I have been the last few times we've gone.  Don't' get me wrong...I still packed nearly everything but the kitchen sink!  What helped, you might be asking?  Scrapbook Generation.  I have managed to accumulate a lot of the same paper collections that they have used in their Super Sketch Clubs.  Why does this matter?  They have sample 2 page layouts using these collections.  What's more is that I love most of the designs which made it so easy for me to just print out photos to go with these collections and pack it to the beach.  All that was left for me to do was cut and paste.  Really, that easy.

Over the next week or so, I will share some of these layouts.  Now, I certainly can't claim them as my own design.  They are not.  The sketches are by either Allison Davis or Debbie Sanders for Scrapbook Generation.  I just copied, inserting my own photos.  In some cases, changes were made to accommodate more or less photos, move a journal spot, title, etc.  I will mention that with each post. 

Now, for the first layout....


For this one, I really changed nothing.  The only thing I did different (and it was actually an oversight) is that I did not leave the sliver of a space that was supposed to be between each paper strip.  I didn't do it because I didn't even notice it until after I was done.  I left all other elements the same.  

**Echo Park For the Record collection**
 
 I have to say, I totally love how my photos look with these papers.  I am so happy with how it turned out.  Thank you, Scrapbook Generation, for helping me complete a satisfying layout so quickly!

3 comments:

Mendi said...

That's awesome Steffanie! It's like they designed this layout with your photos in mind! It's perfect! :)

ELLEN said...

Great layouts! The two collections coordinate so well I would think they were from just one collection.

Devra said...

Great colors on this!
I really like it!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS