Traditions

Sunday, November 11, 2012


I have always wanted to scrap about this tradition that we have.  I think it started back in 2009 (maybe 2008...if it was, there are no photos to verify).  In any case, we haven't been doing it for very long but it's something we now all look forward to every year on December 23rd.  It's our own little unique family thing that we do.  It brings us together...kind of a quiet time to relax and enjoy each other before all the busy, craziness of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  I can only hope that this will be a tradition that my kids will want to share with their own families one day.


The current ISSUE Challenge over at Club CK is to scrap your holiday traditions.  This is what motivated me to finally scrap these photos and the memories they represent.  

Simple Stories Oh, Sn@p!:  Patterned paper, stickers, small alphas and calendar
Jillibean Soup:  Corrugated alphabet
Creative Memories:  White sticker alphabet
Celebrate It:  Mini paper sack (Micheal's) 
Sizzix Swirls:  Embossing folder
Misc:  Baker's twine, ribbon, eyelet, buttons, ink

3 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

What a great tradition Steffanie!! Love that you created such a cute page to document it!! Great use of the mixed alphas and I love the pocket for your journaling, with the Charlie Brown image!! :)

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Steffanie-sounds like a fun Christmas tradition! I really like your layout design, the photos framed in white, and the cute little journaling pocket! Also, love the mix of fonts and the buttons the dot the "i's". I have ideas for my layout but no photos yet! Thanks for helping with the issue challenge!

Mendi said...

What an awesome tradition. We are diehard Peanuts fans in my house and I can't believe we don't have a similar tradition--Maybe it's about time we start one! ;)

I love your layout! Embossing the kraft bag looks so cool and I love how it contains more journaling! Your star buttons for the dots of your i's is a fun touch and I'm lovin' all the new products you put to immediate use.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS