Pretty Little Paper Sacks

Wednesday, November 21, 2012


My latest obsession is these little paper sacks.  I used one on my Traditions layout that I posted last week and decided to try another one on this page.  The last one I embossed, this one I left plain but embellished.  I LOVE these little things!  I found them at Michael's, 25 of them for $2.99 (which I then also used a 50% off coupon, too).  They measure 2.5" x 4" and are just perfect to house journal tags, folded notes, little leftover photos...or just about anything tiny!


Journaling on tag reads: You can tell by the smile on his face that this was a great day.  Spending his 66th birthday with his two grandsons...it just doesn't get much better!  Ron adores them and Andrew & Nicholas adore him.  
Happy Birthday, Opa!  
We love you :-)

In the current November/December issue of Creating Keepsakes there is an entire article devoted to using paper sacks on your scrapbook pages.  And not just these tiny ones, but lunch sacks and grocery sized ones as well.

This week I am hosting the ISSUE Challenge over at Club CK and guess what the challenge is------use a paper sack on your layout,card or other paper craft!  I hope you will join me there and play along.  I would love to see what you create!

Patterned papers (except blue background) are from Jillibean Soup.  Mini alphabet stickers are from American Crafts (blue) and Cosmo Cricket (brown).

4 comments:

Moongirl said...

Super cute! Love the colors and the things that go off the edge of the matte.

csewy-csescrap13 said...

A very cute layout and neat Issue Challenge idea! I really like the colors, banners, and hidden journaling! Cute photos, too!

JJsMomSteph said...

love the tag with multiple fonts!

Mendi said...

Really cute! Love your embellishment of the kraft sack--It's such a cute grouping and I've always loved the baby blue and brown color combo! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS