The State Building

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Getting another layout done from my trip last fall.  I think this makes three so far with many, many more to follow!  It will definitely need an album all it's own!


I was inspired to do this layout by two separate challenges over at Club CK.  One is the Sketch It Out challenge hosted monthly by Ashley.  She provides a sketch and also gives an optional twist to the challenge.  This month it was to include a tag.  I decided to die-cut a tag as part of my title.  


The second challenge is the weekly ISSUE Challenge hosted by Erika.  Her challenge was to use vellum somewhere on the layout.  Mine is the semi-circle with the journaling on it.  I used to use vellum this way all the time but it's been a while.  I forgot how much I like the look!


Patterned paper and wood veneer camera are from Studio Calico.  Stamped circle border is from Not Your Ordinary Foam Stamp Set (a Lisa Bearnson Kit of the Month from years ago).  Title and tag were both cut using my Silhouette.  The chevrons were cut using a square punch. Edges were inked...as always!

4 comments:

Kelly Jean said...

Love the colors and classic look of this layout. Great job on using two challenges!

Mendi said...

Love the Red, White & Blue and the use of the arrows, the circles and your overlapped diecut title!

Moongirl said...

Great take on the sketch! Love the journaling done in the circle. I love using vellum for journaling. I need to do my title like yours some time. I always like how it looks.

Megan D said...

You make me want a silhouette more and more every time i visit.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS