Peaches & Burlap

Thursday, October 11, 2012

It's Thoughtful Thursday over at thinking*through*design!  Today's thought is all about using burlap on your scrapbook pages.  Come on over to see what we're talking about and how our Thoughtful Girls interpreted this thought for their layouts.

Here are my thoughts on using burlap:
I have used burlap on layouts and projects before and love the look and texture that it provides.  Until now though, I had only cut circles or strips.  For this project I wanted to try something different.  I had an idea to combine burlap with another trend---pennant shaped banners.  I cut the triangles using a piece of chipboard for a pattern.  I found my biggest challenge to be keeping the triangles from unraveling as I worked with them.  I just had to be careful and not over handle them.  I chose these photos taken on a recent trip to a peach farm.  I thought the burlap played in very well to the farm theme since you can often find burlap there and the color of natural burlap fits in well with the outdoors because it looks like...well, dirt.  I also found that the burlap banner at the top provided good balance to the wood-grain paper running below my photos.  Overall, I love the texture and home-grown feel the burlap added to my layout about going to a peach farm! 

 
 

I hope you are inspired by what you see to use some burlap on your next layout.  If you are, please share it with us over at thinking*through*design!

6 comments:

Becky said...

Great page Steff!! I have never used burlap on my LO's. I'm sure I could probably find a use for it :)

Sally Cranney said...

Very cute idea with the burlap banner Steffanie! Love it!

blsd2scrp said...

this is really great! wonderful details and elements! I looooooove the banner!!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

So cute....love the burlap & rick rack banner with the green brads between! Great idea!

Heather M said...

Very creative with the burlap. I dont believe I have ever used it on my layouts.

Mendi said...

Peaches?! My husband would be in heaven! I love your use of the burlap paired with the ric-rac trim and the brads or snaps between each pennant! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS