Fall Blog Hop: Photos by the Numbers

Thursday, October 11, 2012


Welcome to our Fall Blog Hop!  If you did not arrive here from Carolyn's blog, please go to Amanda's blog and start at the beginning.  I wouldn't want you to miss out on any fun or great inspiration along the way!
  
The theme this time is number of photos.  I elected for the 5-6 photos category.  I actually had this layout partially done for probably over a year.  Since it had 5 photos, I felt motivated to finally complete it.  Yay!
 
 
And some close-ups...
 The tree branch and owl are Silhouette cuts as well as the scribble trees on the second page.


 I was trying to figure out what to do with the empty space on the upper right page and came up with this idea to hand sketch a trail map.  I think it turned out pretty good!  My only complaint is that the little guy looks more like a hunchback than a a hiker with a backpack!
 (Patterned papers and title block are from Cosmo Cricket )

Now it's time for you to hop on over to  Dana's blogIf you have a moment, I would love to hear from you.  Otherwise, have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Heather M said...

The trail map is cute. As well as the trees & owl.

Becky said...

Great photos Steff! I knew right what your little hiker was, I didn't notice he looked hunchback until you said sometihng, LOL. Love the wood grain papers and the design is great!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love this two pager! I really like the design, the full size photos and great use of die cuts!

Mendi said...

So much fun! Love the idea of the hand-sketched map and hiker! And love your use of the Silhouette shapes--That owl is adorable with the layers! :)

Melinda said...

Great layout! I love the owl and the hand sketched trail map!

Tulip Scrapper said...

Love this LO. First, the photos are great--you all looked like you were having a blast. I first noticed that cute owl!

Jen Foster said...

Wow Steffanie! I'm queen of unfinished products, but I don't think I've left a partial layout around for that long! lol. It was worth the wait though, love what you've done with it.

Pam said...

I love the owl ! Thats the first think I noticed. The trees and the patterned paper are just perfect with the pictures.

Moongirl said...

I can't believe that map wasn't pre-printed! I love it! And I love the trees. Really love them.

Devra said...

not sure what I like most! I love the embellishments. I love seeing a 2 pager from you, but I love that they also could stand alone as one page LOs. Beautiful as always.

DanaMK said...

Steffanie, I always love your layouts. What a cute idea to add the trail map! That little owl is too adorable and so are the trees. Your design is awesome - thanks for sharing!

Mandi said...

The hand drawn trail looks great.

melshappyscrappyplace said...

LOVE it!! That owl in the tree is so cute!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS