Boston...finally!

Monday, October 22, 2012

It was over a year ago that I had the wonderful experience of taking a trip to the east coast with my Dad and my Aunt (his sister).  Our primary destination was to be Sandwich, MA but we spend just under 2 days in Boston before renting a car and driving to Cape Cod.  This is where we stayed.
The paper and embellishments are from Basic Grey's Wander collection.  Small alphas are October Afternoon.  The corrugated alphas are Jillibean Soup.  I sprayed these with Glimmer Mist in Tattered Leather to give them additional visual depth and a bit of sheen.  The edges were also inked.  I left the top and bottom of the vertical photo unglued to the paper behind it so that I could slide the guest house brochure behind it.

We Have Arrived!
I will admit I am a little disappointed in these photos....mostly in composition, wishing I had taken different angles, gotten more of the character of the building rather than just us standing in front of the door.  But given what they are, I am happy with the layout.  Next trip, I hope to do a better job as photographer!

10 comments:

Andrea said...

very neat page! I like the arrows! I want to travel to Boston and the East coast someday and see all of the American history stuff!

Heidi said...

What a great layout. Even though it was only two days in Boston, I'm sure it was quite worth it. Kind of like Wannahatchanegg. It gives you that itch to go back!

Moongirl said...

I really love that center strip! Nice job.

photochic said...

Oh I love this layout, Steffani! The layering is what I love most. And that you added some memorabilia to the page as well. Love it! Saving it here on my iPad!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Wow! Great colors...love the layering, arrows, title, and the cute little car! I really like your journaling spot, neat idea! A very sharp layout!

Mandi said...

Great page. I love the design.

andi said...

very nice..love the bright colors!

Mendi said...

Love your layout! The colors are the perfect compliment to your photos and all the arrows and touches with your title are such nice details! :)

Tulip Scrapper said...

Steff, I love the map paper, the strip down the center, the arrows lead my eyes across the page, and the pictures look just fine!

melshappyscrappyplace said...

This is fantastic! I love the mix of papers and the arrows.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS