Birthdays....

Sunday, October 14, 2012

This boy of mine just had another birthday.  The one pictured below was half his lifetime ago.  
Time goes by...way...too...fast.

 The layout above is a lift from Carolyn Wolff at Sketch Support.  I used the same papers she did, from Jillibean Soup.  I changed a few minor things but it's pretty much the same.
 
 The layout below follows a basic grid design.  It was inspired by a layout from my good friend Laura.  You can see her layout here.
 Jillibean Soup products used for this one also.

Gone are the days of big birthday parties like this one.  We did try to make the day special though---breakfast in bed, fresh-baked cookies of his choice in the afternoon, then dinner out at Red Robin.  Of course there were a couple gifts, too.  Now...can you please tell him to stop getting older?  I am soooo not ready for this!!!

4 comments:

DanaMK said...

I absolutely love your first layout!!! I never thought two banners could work so well on one layout - great job! And I really like the second layout too - there's something about grid designs that get me every time. :)

Mendi said...

Love the linear designs and the darling Jillibean owls! :)

melshappyscrappyplace said...

Great grid LO and double pager! Those papers are cute :)

csewy-csescrap13 said...

I have to agree with you....time goes too fast! My ODD will turn 30 the end of the month....wow! I really like the birthday layout, and love most everything scrapped by Carolyn Wolff. Neat idea using the grid sketch, cute photos, too!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS