Time for a Picnic

Monday, September 17, 2012

One of my goals this summer was to do some hiking with the boys.  It's one of the ways we can get some exercise while spending time together.  I also want them to have an appreciation for the outdoors and the beautiful surroundings we are fortunate enough to live in.  

We did get out on a few hikes.  Not as many as I was hoping, but it's a start to what I hope will be a great family activity in the years to come.  Nicholas has always enjoyed hiking...Andrew wasn't always a big fan.  His little legs just didn't want to carry him far enough.  Until now.  This summer seems to have been a turning point for him.  I'm so glad!

Here is a layout of us enjoying a picnic on one of these hikes.  I added a camera accent.  To me, cameras and scrapbooking just go hand in hand.  You could use a camera on any layout, in my opinion, because what it says is capture this moment....remember this...never forget.  Every photo taken is for the purpose of remembering a particular moment.  Cameras help us to do just that.


I hand-made the tree using some scallop scissors and then trimming some triangles in staggered sizes.  The scalloped circle was punched from some corrugated packing paper.  I then inked the ridges with brown ink. 
   

Patterned papers are from Imaginisce Happy Camper collection.

7 comments:

Tracey Sabella said...

Delightful page!! Love the image cluster - such a perfect detail for this LO!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Beth Hallgren said...

Love the self portrait!

Jen Foster said...

I thought that said "Time to Panic", at first! hahaha. Love this layout. I like the "outdoorsie" feel of it (even though that's not really a word!).

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

Great layout, Steffanie!
And great photo of the three of you :)

Heather M said...

Very creative with making your tree. I dont always think of things like that.Cute embellishments. I also like the pic of you & the boys.

melshappyscrappyplace said...

How sweet! I like your embellishments. I'm with Heather, I never think of making stuff like your tree. It looks great!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

A fun layout and photos!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS