One sketch...two layouts

Monday, September 10, 2012

I love a good sketch.  Sketch Support is one of my favorite resources for sketches that fit my style.  Although this website is no longer operating the way it used to, they are still available as a resource...and I return there over and over again when I'm looking for some sketch inspiration!

 

Here is one of my favorites.  I liked it so much I used it twice during the same crop!  Notice how the photo sizes and orientations are changed just slightly for each layout.

At the Zoo

 This is one of Echo Park's early collections, A Walk in the Park.  It has turned out to be one of my favorites (in spite of the pink!) and I'm running out of it!  The only items not from this collection are the letters in the title.  The mini's are Cosmo Cricket and the larger brown are American Craft's Thickers.

Reading Marathon

Another Echo Park collection, A Boy's Life.  I wasn't kidding when I said I own a lot of Echo Park!  Anyway, I love the colors of this layout.  It will definitely go down as one of my faves for this year.  The colors in the papers just coordinate so perfectly with my photos.  The title letters are from the girls' paperie and October Afternoon.

9 comments:

Erin Blegen said...

Both are just great layouts constructed so beautifully in design with such beautiful colors!! Gorgeous work, Steffanie~

xErin

Lynn said...

Steffanie I love how you used the same sketch on two different layouts yet they both look so unique. They are both awesome projects.

Mendi said...

So cute! I love both takes on this great sketch! :)

Jen Foster said...

This sketch is great! Can be used for so many uses! I love your layouts, so colorful and cheerful. I like sketches, too! I'm going to check out this site!

Heather M said...

Great use of the sketch. I sometimes like to use sketches but they have to catch my eye for some reason for me to use them.

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome use of that sketch, Steffanie!! Really love both of these layouts! :)

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Another great sketch from "Sketch Support"....I also still use the ideas! I really like both layouts, love the change of colors in the first one! Thanks for the inspiration!

Linda said...

Great job stretching the sketch! I love how both layouts turned out!

melshappyscrappyplace said...

Great sketch! I love how you used it in both layouts. :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS