Now that's Breakfast!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A couple years ago we lost our beloved Godfather's pizza up at the local shopping center.  Don't know why...they just closed.  Anyway, in it's place came Biscuit's Cafe.  Apparently they are also a franchised business, one that has become more and more prevalent in recent years in our area.  We had heard about the monstrous helpings they serve and how good it was....home-style cooking, I guess you'd call it.  We finally gave it a try last fall and the boys have been begging us to go back ever since.  So, one of the first things we did after school let out for the summer (and before the weather got decent) was treat them to breakfast at Biscuit's.  They were in heaven!  Of course, they cringed a little when I wanted to take pictures of them and their food...but hey, I AM a scrapbooking Mom!!!


I loved everything about this layout....up until I added the embellishments.  Not thrilled with them.  Sometimes it's just like that.  I had these badge buttons...thought they might look good on my page.  Not sure they really do.  What do you think?  I also couldn't think of anything else to use.  Maybe kitchen/cooking utensils?  I don't know.

Patterned papers and sticker labels are from October Afternoon

6 comments:

Heather M said...

People thought I was strange too when I took pics of our food that we ate while in FL. Even my scrappin buddy. I have some flair badges that I would like to use but mine are mostly flowery ones. I think yours are more versatile but its whether you like them or not.

Beth Hallgren said...

Cute layout Steffanie! I need to do this when Matthew and I go to Red Lobster. We go every year when he makes the honor roll for the entire year :)

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Very clever! Love the mix of pp, the design, and neat border! BTW, great photos of the boys! Looks like a good place to eat.

Jen Foster said...

I love this! My kids get so irritated when I have to take pics at restaurants! You're embellies are just fine. It's up to you if you want to add something kitchen related, but honestly, I don't think it needs it. Every time I go to add more of something then I end up over-doing it.

melshappyscrappyplace said...

I think the layout is cute! And that food looks delicious!

Becky said...

LOL, I've been known to take pictures at a restaurant too. My kid look at me like I'm nuts. You'd think they'd figure it out, LOL. Your page looks great, love the yellow paper! It's true, there are some pages that seem to be more difficult to embellish. But I think your page looks great!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS