List Journaling

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Once again, it's Thoughtful Thursday over at thinking*through*design!  Today's thought is about---you guessed it---list journaling!  Come on over to see what we're talking about and how our Thoughtful Girls interpreted this thought for their layouts.


Here are my thoughts on list journaling:
I am a procrastinator when it comes to journaling.  I would even go so far as to say that on all but maybe a handful of pages, the journaling is the last thing I do.  I even have a tray in my craft room for layouts that just need journaling.  They are complete in every other way---sans journaling.  Don't get me wrong...I see the value in it.  But not every layout needs a lot of words.  Sometimes, less is more.  That's where list journaling comes in.  For this particular layout, I didn't have a lot to say.  The photos are just cute...and I wanted to scrap them.  Really nothing more than that.  The title came to me as I was creating the page and I let that lead me to making a list of what was found in that drawer.  Simple.  Done.  Out of my "needs journaling" tray...and ready to be shared!  Isn't that what we all want?

 

I hope you are inspired by what you see to do some list journaling of your own.  If you are, please share it with us over at thinking*through*design!

3 comments:

Mendi said...

Awe... So cute! I have a couple photos of my oldest daugher sitting in a very tiny bottom bathroom drawer that she had climbed into when she was about the same age (of course she was sifting through the upper drawers dumping all the stuff out). Then I have a picture of my youngest at this age pulling out our DVD drawers like 3 stairs and standing face to face with the TV directly above. Silly kids! Thanks so much for sharing--Love the list journaling. You made me want to pull out my own photos and get them scrapped. ;)

Ashley Horton said...

Cute page Steffanie!! Love the design and the photos and journaling are too cute! :)

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Your layout is adorable!!! I am also one that waits until the last to journal on my layouts, I happen to have a 2 pager waiting....maybe tomorrow! I really like your list for this layout, so cute! Thanks for sharing!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS