Using Chevrons

Thursday, August 9, 2012

It's Thoughtful Thursday at thinking*through*design!  Today's thought is all about using a popular design trend---chevrons!  


Here is what I thought as I created this layout: 
When the chevron motif first came out, I can't say that I was all too excited about it.  But like many trends, I have gradually warmed up to it.  For my layout, I really wanted to use the chevron in a way that conveyed movement or direction. To do this, I turned the chevron on its side to capitalize on the imbedded arrows in the design.  The photo is of myself and my running partner and how we are a determined pair...not willing to let a little Oregon sunshine stand in the way of getting out for a run.  I further highlighted one row of chevrons pointing toward my photo (and right under the title) with a clear glaze pen.  The effect is subtle but reinforces the meaning I was trying to convey.  Movement and direction...running toward better health!


I hope you will hop on over to thinking*through*design and see what our Thoughtful Girls had to say about using chevrons and the beautiful layouts they created.  Hopefully you will be so inspired that you will want to create a layout of your own.  If you do, be sure to share it with us using Mr. Linky!

9 comments:

blsd2scrp said...

awesome LO! love chevrons and the elements and design of this page!!:)

Mendi said...

Love this!!! The stitching on the denim and the chevron (stamp?) overlapping the two surfaces! Great job! You're making me want to pull out this paper line and play--I still haven't cut into mine yet. :)

Beth Hallgren said...

Love all your subtle little touches like the glitter on "shine" and layered flowers. So neat that you are documenting more anout YOU!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

I really like this one...the mix of paper, the stitching, the layered flowers, and the shimmer in the title! I love how you turned the chevrons on the side, a very neat effect! Wow!

Tracey Sabella said...

Gorgeous LO and your chevrons really do give movement and direction. Love all your sweet embellies too! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Ashley Horton said...

Totally awesome page Stefanie!! I love the MME on this and the way you used the chevron pattern is fabulous!

PattyC said...

Lovely! You put so much thought into your layouts. Love all the details.

Becky said...

Love this page Steff!! But I like all your pagaes, you have awesome pages!!

Linda said...

Love the chevrons and the colors!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS