A touch of Americana

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Time for another ScrapFIT workout!  In workout #71 we were challenged to create a paper craft to be displayed in our home---or in this case, outside!  I happen to love the 4th of July and was inspired by a recent download from Silhouette to create this banner.  I will admit that I didn't come up with this idea all on my own.  It's a lift from Jeana, author of the Silhouette blog.  I loved hers so much that I just had to make one of my own!
 I chose to add some hand-stitching around each letter.  The effect is subtle but there.  I like it!
 
I hope you will come and take part in this latest workout from ScrapFIT.  If you do, be sure to link your project using the Mister Linky widget in the appropriate blog post for your chance to win this great prize!
 
 $15.00 Gift Certificate to the Paper Issues Store!
SPONSOR: Paper Issues / www.paperissues.blogspot.com

7 comments:

Heather M said...

Very nice banner. I like the hanging stars.

Sindi J said...

I love the circle shapes in your banner. Very nice work!

Erin Blegen said...

Great job on this challenge, Steffanie- especially love how you've tied this banner together!!

Mendi said...

Super cute! I love how they are attached with the eyelets and cording and have the little dangly stars hanging down! A great decoration to pull out year after year! :)

Tracey Sabella said...

What a sweet banner, so perfect for the holiday!! Loe the stars on your tie ends!! What a great idea!! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Moongirl said...

Super cute! I like that small check paper and the stitching really adds some texture.

Unknown said...

Very nice!!!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS