ScrapFIT workout #72

Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Creative Trainer at ScrapFIT, Diana Fisher,  is at it again!  She created another color inspiration Workout that is sure to leave you breathless!  You can see the inspiration photo and color swatches at ScrapFIT.  I have to admit, I love these colors!  I found this kit by My Mind's Eye and although the colors are not exact (the sage is more of a teal), I felt very moved by the inspiration provided to create with this collection.  So warm and summery!
 
 As I mentioned above, most of this comes from My Mind's Eye On the Bright Side*two collection.  The large alpha in the title is American Crafts Thickers. The smaller alpha stickers are from Echo Park This & That Charming collection.  As much as I love embellishment sticker and die-cut sheets, I always seem to end up making my own.  The one in the upper left is one of my favorites that I seem to make over and over again.  Overall design for this layout is inspired by the July Sketch It Out challenge at Club CK designed by Ashley Horton.  She designs awesome sketches and also challenges us to a twist---this month it is to use mist.  I did, ever so subtle though.  It's the dark brown splatters that you see in the bottom left and top right of the page.  Just adds to the distressed wood appearance and really looks like it belongs there, I think.  In fact, if I didn't point it out, I bet you wouldn't even have noticed!

I hope you will decide to join us at ScrapFIT for our current color inspiration workout.  If you do, be sure to link up your project HERE for your chance to win this awesome prize from Paper Issues!
 
Sadly, this is my last workout with ScrapFIT as a member of the Design Team.  It has been an honor and a privilege working with Sara Zenger, Diana Fisher, Missy Whidden and Sheila Burns.  They are amazingly talented women that have encouraged and inspired me to try new things and to be confident in my abilities.  Thanks to all of you!  This includes my fellow DT members who have visited my blog and left wonderful comments!  You are all AWESOME!!!

5 comments:

Beth Hallgren said...

Lovely! What a great picture and the papers are perectly suited to the photo :)

DanaMK said...

I love how you used that wood paper - it works perfectly with your layout! I love all the PPs you used - they look great together!

Tracey Sabella said...

Such a wonderful LO of your and your children!! Motherhood is such a blessing!! Love your design and the wood background paper!! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Mendi said...

This turned out awesome Steffanie! This collection works so perfectly for this color challenge. :)

Ashley Horton said...

I always love how you adapt the sketches for your layouts, Steffanie!! Awesome use of the MME and I am loving that white-washed woodgrain for your background!!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS