Craft Warehouse: Final Assignment (part 3)

Thursday, July 19, 2012

This was my favorite of the 3 final projects for my last assignment.  Who doesn't love Disney??? 
I had a rough time getting started but then found a design at Got Sketch? that caught my eye and gave me some inspiration.

To create the background I used my Silhouette but you could easily trace the background from a piece of shaped paper from your stash and then cut it out by hand.  I hand-stitched close to the edge with white embroidery floss to give it definition.  The border is simply punched yellow circles lined up with washi tape and baker's twine over the top. 

I created several accordion flowers for my embellishments.  I pulled out my scallop scissors to trim one edge of the strip before I scored it.  I had no idea what my title was going to be until the end.  Of course, I didn't have any E's left in the Thickers pack that I wanted to use! Not to be defeated though, I just trimmed and pieced together bits of other letters to spell out what I wanted.

The Mickey stickers are transparent.  That 'look' wasn't going to work for me so I placed them on white cardstock and then cut them out---in essence creating die-cuts.  This way I could "pop" them up with dimensional adhesive.  A little baker's twine outlines the inside of my circle journal spot.

Same thing with the Mickey sticker here, with dimensional adhesive behind it.  I created the flags using washi tape---love this stuff!  I tried to make it look like Mickey was holding the flags.  Not sure I succeeded but at least the flags appear anchored and not floating around!

Thank you again to Craft Warehouse---specifically Jen and Jeanean---for giving me the opportunity to create for them this past year.  It has a been an amazing experience and one I will never forget!


Products (stickers, die-cuts and patterned papers) are from EK Success, in case you are interested. 

12 comments:

Linda said...

What a fun Disney page!

Tracey Sabella said...

Wow, what a bright, cheerful LO!! Sooooooo perfect for a Disney page!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Beth Hallgren said...

This layout is amazing Steffanie! Love everything about it :) You make me want ot go and get some Washi tape (I confess I don;t have any) and make some flags with it.

Ashley Horton said...

SO CUTE Steffanie!! Love the pleated flowers and the cute little flags!

Pamela said...

Turned out great!! I'm a huge fan of all things Disney. :)

Moongirl said...

This is just adorable! I love the design and you did a great job with the themed products.

ELLEN said...

How cute! I love all the details you added and the shaped paper really sets your photos off well.

Heather M said...

Very creative LO! Love all the embellies, stitching & background paper.

DanaMK said...

I absolutely love this page! Everything about it is fabulous - the design, the colours, the accordian flowers, the border, the die cuts, the flags. I'm definitely adding this one to my scraplift journal.

Susan said...

Adorable! I love Disney layouts and all of the details are beautiful.

Rita Barakat said...

This is adorable!!!You did a wonderful job on this page!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

A darling layout....love the red/pink cutout against the black cardstock, the yellow circle & black washi tape, and the fun accordion flowers! All of the extra hand stitching and cute elements really make for a sharp layout! Another favorite to add to my list!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS