Craft Warehouse: Final Assignment (part 2)

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

For this project, we were asked to create a home decor item with a blank canvas.  There were several other items we were asked to use as well, including the large alpha foam stamps you see forming the word "home".  The canvas was initially white, measuring 12x12.  I ended up using several coats of varying shades of cream acrylic paint before I got a color I was happy with.  I also used some Glimmer Mist on the background to give it some interest. 

I then used black paint to stamp the letters directly onto the canvas.  The smaller words were initially silver glitter Thickers.  I changed the color with some gold paint.  Gold glitter brads were used for accent.
 
To the black canvas flower, I added a couple of scalloped circles.  They are punched from kraft resist paper, one of them inked with dark brown distress ink.  They were then crumpled up to form a flower.  I used Distress Stain in fired brick  to change the color of the rosettes from white to what you see here. The same stain was also used on cream cardstock before punching the red heart.

Distress stain again...on the canvas tag and on the rosettes. 
I needed to include this clothespin somewhere.  I have to say, I was really struggling with this part but ended up deciding to have it hold a family photo.  I used some kraft resist paper on the clothespin to give it some interest (it was initially just black).

To finish it off, I wrapped black satin ribbon around the perimeter of the canvas and added the wide burlap ribbon to hang it on the wall.  Voila!

3 comments:

okanogangirl said...

I love how you used the photo in the project!

Tracey Sabella said...

What a lovely, homey canvas!! Love the different elements you put together!! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

csewy-csescrap13 said...

Very pretty! Love the colors, very sharp looking!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS