Craft Warehouse: Final Assignment (part 1)

Friday, July 6, 2012

Well, it has been one amazing ride this past year being a part of the Craft Warehouse Design Team.  And to think that I almost didn't try out!  I had considered trying in 2010 but never did.  Then last year I got about 2/3 of the way through creating my DT entries when I found out that the store 10 minutes form my house was closing!  I considered dropping the idea---the store discount of 20% for the duration of the term was a pretty big perk for me and now I would have to drive about 45 minutes to get to the next nearest store.  But I stuck with it and in early May last year, got that much anticipated phone call to join the 2011 team!  Woo Hoo!  Let me tell you, I was on Cloud Nine!  And to make it even better, my then virtual friend Amanda also made the team.  We met through Club CK and had been encouraging each other along the way.  It could not have turned out any better.  Since then, we have become real-life friends!  Lol!

So, now we come to the end of the term and our final assignment.  I am going to drag this out and present it in 3 parts.  Hee Hee!  More fun for me!

Each of us was given one of four possible Echo Park mini kits.  I received the Toy Box collection.  The less saturated tones of this collection threw me at first.  I started by trying to edit my photos so that they would look more aged but in the end I used my brighter photos and really like how it turned out.  I fussy-cut lots of view-master reels...again!  Layout design is inspired by a 2-photo sketch I found at Got Sketch?

  
 
 

The view-master reels were all fussy-cut from a piece of the patterned paper.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in scattered straw to ink all the edges with my TH distressing tool (gives it that aged look).  I also used the same tool and ink to pounce on the lace, changing the color to what you see here.  I then hand-stitched with orange embroidery floss across the top of the lace.  After I photographed it, I noticed a flaw---I missed a couple stitches toward the right end!  Oh well.  I decided to leave it the way it was...showing my imperfection and making it look more homemade.  Just the look I was going for, right?!?

10 comments:

Beth Hallgren said...

Adorable! Love the touches of twine and the icons are so cute :)

Heather M said...

Such a cute LO! I love the bright colors, pinwheels, banners & view master reels.

Tracey Sabella said...

Wow, this is so adorable!! Love the bright photos with this paper!! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Ashley Horton said...

So, so cute Steffanie!! I love the fussy cut view master reels and the brads that you added to the pinwheels!! You've done a great job for Craft Warehouse!!

blsd2scrp said...

wow! I love the "playfulness" of this LO! love the colors and elements!

Megan D said...

Wonderful layout Steffanie! I love the paper....and the smiley baby.

csewy-csescrap13 said...

A darling layout...love the bright colors! Great job fussy cutting the view-master reels, neat border idea!

Susan said...

So cute. Love those papers.

Susan said...

Too cute. I love those colors. They were lucky to have you and Amanda.

ELLEN said...

So cute! Love how your pics jump out wry the papers you chose.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS