Polaroid Love

Friday, June 15, 2012

Do you remember when Polaroid photos were the hot new way to take photos?  Some of you do...some of you maybe weren't even born yet.  Yikes!  Well, ScrapFIT Workout #70 is a tribute to the Polaroid!  We want to see a layout with a Polaroid photo.  Don't have a Polaroid photo?  Not to worry.  You can create a fake Polaroid as I have done with mine.  I printed my photos at home and just left some extra white when I went to trim them.  You can also just mount your photo on some white cardstock.  Either way, you get the basic look of the old style Polaroid photo we all remember!
The collection is This & That Charming from Echo Park.  Design is inspired by a sketch from Sketch Support.
  
I hand cut stars from some of the patterned paper to create the embellishments I had in mind.
The banner was made with a circle punch and a scalloped oval punch.  Shapes were then folded in half over some baker's twine and glued to the background. Lately I have been using longer titles and mixing up my fonts.  Page kits are great for this as many now include a couple of different sticker alphas.  Then there is always my trusty Silhouette and the gazillion packages of Thickers I own.  Shhh...don't tell... ;-)
 The pennants were hand cut from some of the patterned paper in this collection.  The white space on the Polaroid is a great spot for embellishments or journaling.  I used my space to wrap some baker's twine and add a bow and a button.
 As a preserver of memories for my family, I think it's important to use your own handwriting at least some of the time.  I have some letters and recipes written by my grandmother that I cherish.  I think it makes the piece feel more authentic, more tangible, more personal...like maybe a part of her is still here with me.  I do used typed journaling from time to time, but I really try to have a good amount of my own handwriting, too.  I encourage you to do the same..even if you don't like your own handwriting.  You can always hide your journaling in a pocket or behind a photo, right?

I hope you will decide to join us in this workout using Polaroids.  If you do, please link up your work at ScrapFIT for your chance to win a prize from our sponsor:
 
My Favorite Things / http://www.mftstamps.com/

Also, don't forget that ScrapFIT is looking for new FIT Girls!  If you think you'd like to try out for this fun gig, check out the details HERE.  Deadline is June 25th.  Good luck to you!

14 comments:

Kelly Jean said...

Love your layout and love the colors and banners.

Tracey Sabella said...

Gorgeous LO, Steffanie!! Love the banner and the twine tied around your Polaroids!! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Devra said...

Just stunning as usual!

Colleen said...

Love it Stephanie! I'm a huge fan of stars and love the ones you used on here. Ad wrapping the twine around the bottom of the Polaroid was ingenious. Going to have to lift this one, too.

Lynn said...

I love how you used the Echo Park line. The little banner and all your details are amazing! Gorgeous work!

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

Such a fabulous layout, Steffanie! :)

Missy Whidden said...

This is so awesome! I love the colors...the banners are amazing! I also love the cursive title. What a great page!

Megan D said...

Super Cute Stephanie! You are convincing me I might need that paper.

Kelly Massman said...

This is adorable! I love the banner!

L.B. said...

Your layout is so fun and sweet. Love the different fonts!!

Barbara said...

Cute page! Love the banners and polaroids!

Mendi said...

Oh my! How cute is this?! I LOVE your layout! I actually just finished a layout yesterday featuring faux polaroids so I might actually see about posting it, but it's not nearly as cute as yours. ;)

Kelly Foster said...

Your layout is awesome. I love the two different styles of banners, and of course the polaroids!! Beautiful work!

okanogangirl said...

I LOVE this Lo! I am going to lift it :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS