Just a note...for the teacher

Monday, June 11, 2012

Finally, I can share what I made for Andrew's teacher since he gave it to her this morning! 
I used my Silhouette and some white vinyl to customize the insulated tumbler with her name and some flowers.  This is the first time I have done this and I'm really happy with the results!  Inside I put a bunch of Crystal Light individual flavored drink packs, Dove Promise dark chocolate pieces and a gift card for Krispy Kreme (inside joke--hehe!). 
The box started naked...meaning, no paper, no color, no embellishments.  I guess you could say that I dressed it up!  I started by painting wherever I knew that I would not be putting paper.  I chose a turquoise blue to coordinate with the patterned papers I wanted to use.  I wanted it to be girly and not so school-ish.  I love that this collection from Jillibean Soup---Sweet and Sour Soup---is girly and also carries some of the school elements with the alphabet and numerals.  Perfect!   
 I really like a finished look to items I create.  By this I mean, attention to detail.  I ink edges with coordinating ink when I can, I cover every surface possible with either patterned paper or paint.  I make sure there is no raw edge or "naked-ness" showing.  Notice even the inside of the box is finished (and the bottom is painted).  I stamped each piece of paper in the stack with the dragonfly...yes, every single one.  My hand was a little cramped by the end!  Then tying it off with some baker's twine (my new favorite embellishment!).
 What I chose not to share here is the individual messages written by my son, my husband and myself.  They were written on the paper shown here and tucked under the twine.  I thought rather than make her a card, this would be the card.  Holding messages from all of us that she can read when she opens it.  I thought it would be a nice little surprise.
Mrs. T, I hope you know how awesome of a teacher you are.  I couldn't have asked for anyone better!  
Thank You So Much

9 comments:

Moongirl said...

Oh, those are awesome! I would be very happy receiving one of them, so I'm sure they will love em!

Beth Hallgren said...

What a sweet gift Steffanie! I need to bust out the vinyl and try this :)

Heather M said...

That is an awesome teacher gift! I am sure she loved it. I love the colors you used.

Susan said...

Love that!! My most meaningful present today was the handwritten notes from the parents! I love it all!

Tulip Scrapper said...

Great job Steffanie. I love your attention to detail--it really shows in the finished product.

csewy-csescrap13 said...

So pretty...a neat teacher gift, one I'm sure she will treasure. Very sweet of you!

photochic said...

This is SO cute! :) I love love love that Jillibean soup line, and the tumbler letters look adorable! I have always wanted to make stuff for my teachers. Maybe this next year since it's my Senior year. :)

Ashley Horton said...

Steffanie, that is an awesome gift!! I love the vinyl on the Tumblr and the little box you covered is totally stunning!!! When you get a little free time, just whip up that Tumblr and box for me too!!! :)

Mendi said...

Super cute! I love the idea of adding the twine to the stack of notes and making it your card by writing the messages right on there. I also think pairing it up with a personalized cup is such a great idea! Time to put my Silhouette to work more on those types of projects! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS