A great basic card

Sunday, June 24, 2012

 I made this for my dad for Father's Day this year.  It's pretty generic and could be used for really any occasion.  I wish I could find the original source that was my inspiration but it's now eluding me.  I do remember that the artist included a sentiment on the front.  I chose to leave it off and instead place it on the inside.  The patterned paper is from a 6x6 pad by My Mind's Eye. I started with a 3x3 square of scrap paper which I stuck my paper strips and ribbon to. I then placed dimensional adhesive behind the square and stuck it it my card base.  Some staples, a punched circle, a hand-cut star, baker's twine and a button and it's done. A pretty simple design that I can easily see myself using over and over again!

6 comments:

Kelly Foster said...

I love the simple design, it really is gorgeous!

Tracey Sabella said...

Wonderful way to create a personal card. Great design!! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Kelly Jean said...

I love this simple card. It's very cute!

csewy-csescrap13 said...

You make the prettiest cards....love the colors and the star!!

Mendi said...

Love this one! Such a simple design, yet so eye-catching! :)

Barbara said...

Hi. Just visiting from CK. What a pretty card. I don't make cards ... but whenever I see such fun original creations it makes me think I SHOULD!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS